Five to support Navy Reserve Forces
- By William Welsh
- Jan 26, 2009
Five information technology contractors have won indefinite-delivery, indefinite-quantity contracts from the Navy to support the Commander of the Navy Reserve Forces.
Under the contracts, the five contractors will provide professional support services to the Navy organization in New Orleans, DOD said Jan. 23.
The five contractors, and the ceiling of their awards, are:
- Strategic Technology Institute Inc., $51.4 million.
- Accenture National Security Services, $48.5 million.
- General Dynamics Information Technology, $51.8 million.
- Information Based Technology, $47.5 million.
- Science Applications International Corp. $49.9 million.
The contractors will perform 60 percent of the work in New Orleans and 40 percent at various other sites, DOD said. The department received 12 offers on the project.
The Navy Reserve Force furnishes units and individuals to the Navy and Marine Corps to help them fulfill their operations in peacetime and war.
William Welsh is a freelance writer covering IT and defense technology.