Awards program to honor Augustine
- By Nick Wakeman
- Sep 04, 2008
The sixth annual Greater Washington Government Contractor Awards will honor one of the founding fathers of the modern systems integration industry when it recognizes Norm Augustine with its Hall of Fame award Oct. 7.
Augustine, former chairman and chief executive officer of Lockheed Martin Corp., leads a group of 33 Washington-area government contractors who will be honored with awards.
The Fairfax County, Va., Chamber of Commerce, the Professional Services Council and Washington Technology produce the program.
In addition to Augustine's award, finalists were named in eight categories. The winners will be announced Oct. 7 at the Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner in McLean, Va.
Contractors at four revenue levels, executives at three revenue levels and a public-sector partner will receive awards.
"In addition to being critical cogs in our regional economy, these companies and individuals are terrific examples of what public/private partnership is all about," said Stan Soloway, president and CEO of the Professional Services Council. "That partnership is something of which we should all be proud."
The 2008 finalists are:
Contractor of the Year (less than $25 million in annual revenue):
- Allen Corporation of America Inc.
- Criterion Systems
- Tauri Group LLC
Contractor of the Year ($25 million to $75 million in annual revenue):
- Aquilent Inc.
- A-T Solutions Inc.
- Danya International Inc.
- High Performance Technologies Inc.
- Whitney, Bradley and Brown
Contractor of the Year ($75 million to $300 million in annual revenue):
- ATS Corp.
- Carahsoft Technology Corp.
- Robbins-Gioia LLC
- SGT Inc.
- Systems Planning and Analysis Inc.
Contractor of the Year (more than $300 million in annual revenue):
Booz Allen Hamilton Inc.
- CACI International Inc.
- Computer Sciences Corp.
- ICF International Inc.
- SERCO Inc.
- SRA International Inc.
Executive of the Year (less than $75 million in annual revenue):
- Gail Bassin, JBS International Inc.
- Ken Falke, A-T Solutions Inc.
- Katie Sleep, List Innovative Solutions
- Lynette Spano, SCI Consulting Services Inc.
- Erik Thamm, Log.Sec. Corp.
Executive of the Year ($75 million to $300 million in annual revenue):
- Shiv Krishnan, Indus Corp.
- Michelle Lee, STG International Inc.
- John Marselle, Robbins-Gioia
- Theodore Prociv, Versar Inc.
Executive of the Year (more than $300 million in annual revenue):
- Tony Barclay, DAI
- Paul Cofoni, CACI
- Mac Curtis, Vangent Inc.
Public-Sector Partners of the Year:
- John Johnson, General Services Administration
- Mary Anne Schubert, Defense Logistics Agency
Nick Wakeman is the editor-in-chief of Washington Technology. Follow him on Twitter: @nick_wakeman.