It came from 1986
Here's a little of what the world was like the year Washington Technology began its journey.
- The U.S. population is 240,113,000. The world population is 4.9 billion.
- Ad appearing in Time magazine for the Compaq Portable II computer boasts of having 4.1 megabytes of RAM, and "you can add a modem, a networking board or a board for communicating with your mainframe."
- Nintendo video games are first introduced.
- The hole in the ozone layer is discovered over Antarctica.
- Chicago Bears win the Super Bowl.
- New York Mets win the World Series.
- Penn State wins the national college football title.
- Academic America Encyclopedia is the first publication on CD Rom.
- Greg LeMonde becomes first American to win the Tour De France.
- Most popular TV show is the "Cosby Show." "Out of Africa" wins Best Picture Oscar.
- Alex Muller and J. Georg Bednorz discover superconductivity in a ceramic material at minus 397 Fahreheit, a higher temperature than ever before.