Six small businesses split $50M engineering support contract
- By Zach Noble
- Apr 17, 2014
Six small businesses have won up to $50 million under a Navy engineering services contract.
The contracts, for the procurement of Ashore Systems engineering services, entail engineering development, design, maintenance and other services.
The contracts include a base year, the estimated value of which is around $10 million, along with options that could push the total value to $49.9 million.
The small business winners are:
- Alutiiq Security & Technology, Anchorage, Alaska
- Atlantic CommTech, Corp., Norfolk, Va.
- Forward Slope Inc., San Diego
- The Cameron Bell Corp., doing business as Government Solutions Group, Daniel Island, S.C.
- Mandex Inc., Fairfax, Va.
- Systems Applications & Solutions, Hanahan, S.C.
Work is expected to be completed by April 2015, though if all options are exercised, work could stretch to April 2019.
Funds in the amount of $25,000, split among the winners, were obligated at the time of the award.
The six winners were selected from 20 bids received.
Zach Noble is an editorial fellow for Washington Technology. You can contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.