L-3 lands $25M Army aircraft contract modification
- By Zach Noble
- Apr 07, 2014
L-3 Communications Aerospace picked up a nearly-$25 million contract modification for its work on Army aircraft.
The $24.7 million contract entails inspection, maintenance and repair on the following aircraft types:
- Boeing CH-47 Chinook heavy-lift helicopter
- Sikorsky UH-60 Black Hawk medium-lift helicopter
- Bell UH-1 Iroquois light-lift helicopter
- Bell AH-1 Cobra attack helicopter
- Boeing AH-64 Apache attack helicopter
- Bell OH-58 Kiowa observation and fire support helicopter
The contract also entails some modernization work on other aircraft types.
Funds in the full amount of the contract were obligated at the time of the award, and the work, which will be performed at the Corpus Christi Army Depot in Corpus Christi, Texas, is set to be completed Oct. 28 of this year.
Zach Noble is an editorial fellow for Washington Technology. You can contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.