WIT pays tribute to excelling women professionals
- By David Hubler
- May 18, 2012
Women in Technology, a Washington, D.C.-area organization of professional women in the technology community, honored some of its own May 17 at the 13th Annual WIT Leadership Awards Banquet.
The awards honor leading female professionals working in the Greater Washington, D.C., metropolitan area who have exemplified unique vision and talent in the technology industry during the previous year.
The winners were:
- Private (Large business): Barbara Doornink, Science Applications International Corp.
- Private (Small business): Sharon Nelson, Esq., Sensei Enterprises Inc.
- Public Sector (Large business): Susan Zeleniak, Verizon Public Sector
- Public Sector (Small business): Christine Do, Soft Tech Consulting Inc.
- Entrepreneur: Kathy Albarado, Helios HR
- Government: Rear Adm. Janice M Hamby, Defense Department Office of the CIO
- Unsung Hero: Lisa Bethel, Booz Allen Hamilton
- Rising Star: Erica Salinas, Computer Sciences Corp.
- WIT Champion: Denise Hart, O2 Lab Inc.
- WIT President’s Award: Jane Maliszewski, ISKA; Piper Conrad, PKC Consulting.
The event was hosted by Maureen Bunyan, co-anchor for WJLA-TV ABC-7 News.
David Hubler is the former print managing editor for GCN and senior editor for Washington Technology. He is freelance writer living in Annandale, Va.