Verizon harvests bumper crop of Networx awards from USDA
Telco wins 38 of 53 fair opportunity awards issued in September
The Agriculture Department tapped Verizon Federal Business for 38 fair opportunity awards, mostly for paging services, under the General Services Administration’s Networx Universal telecommunications contract.
Of the 53 GSA Networx awards made between Aug. 24, and Oct. 1, a total of 47 were made under Universal and six under Enterprise. The tally by contractor:
- AT&T Government Solutions: Enterprise, 2.
- Qwest Government Services: Universal, 5.
- Verizon Federal Business: Universal, 42; Enterprise, 1.
- Level 3 Communications Inc.: Enterprise, 1.
- Sprint Nextel Federal Programs: Enterprise, 2.
Values of the awards were withheld at the direction of members of the Interagency Management Council Networx Transition Working Group.
For a breakdown of the fair opportunity awards by date and agency, click here.
For other coverage of Networx, click here.
Sami Lais is a special contributor to Washington Technology.