What your customers are thinking
Top 10 CIO challenges
1. Hiring and retaining skilled workers.
2. Aligning information technology and mission goals.
3. Funding IT programs and projects.
4. Using IT to improve service to customers/stakeholders/citizens.
5. Building effective relationships with senior agency leaders.
6. Managing or replacing older systems.
7. Formulating or implementing an enterprise architecture.
8. Implementing and controlling IT capital planning and investment across the agency.
9. Balancing information sharing and security/privacy.
10. Consolidating common IT business/mission functions.Source: Association for Federal Information Resources Management survey of senior government IT leaders